It can be really stressful trying to buy all the things you need before your baby arrives… especially if this is your first and you don’t know what you need and all of the brands are new.
are one of the higher priced items and you definitely want to get this right and research the best strollers for your budget as you will be using it a lot!
Before shopping for a stroller be very clear what you may use it for… keeping in mind it could be in use for up to 3 years. Consider the following:
Steps to Consider first Before Choosing the best baby stroller for newborn and toddler
* If you will be taking it in and out of the car a lot – you will need a lighter stroller that folds up and fits in your trunk easily.
You may also consider a travel system (a car seat that can be removed with the baby still in and attached to the stroller). Graco have an great affordable range of travel systems.
* Lots of walking – a good quality stroller with easy maneuverability. This can be a 3 or 4 wheeel stroller but in general the 3 wheel strollers are easier. Schwinn, InStep, Baby Trend and BOB would all be great brands to look at.
* Jogging – A good quality jogging stroller that has good suspension, larger wheels, adjustable handle height, lockable swivel wheel, lighter and no resistance when pushing.
* Walking trails – A all terrain or sport utility stroller which has high quality suspension and shock absorbers. Depending on how “off road” you get will depend on how heavy duty you will need the frame to be. BOB and Jeep have a great range of sport utility strollers.
* Twins or second child – There are 2 different styles of double strollers… side by side or tandem. Both have their strengths and cons so it is a matter of research and choosing the best option for you.
There are some very basic models up to extremely versatile options with many seat formations depending of the ages of the 2 children.
First child but want to buy stroller that will cater for a 2nd – One of the best brands for this is Phil and Teds.
They have fully convertible models which are great for 1 child (just like a normal stroller) but when you have a second you buy accessories to add on seating options.
As you can see knowing your needs will really help you focus on the style and features of the stroller you need. Consider your needs and look at the best strollers in your budget.
Being a high usage item you want to get a durable and feature packed stroller which fits in with your lifestyle easily.